Electronics & Communication
Evolution of Electronics & Communication engineering can be traced back to late 18th Century, however in 1950's and 1960's breakthrough in semiconductor physics and integrated circuit technology revealed the real potential of this domain. Since then, Electronics & Communication has achieved fastest technology growth ever and has registered its spread in almost all areas of application like consumer electronics, defense and space research, information technology and communication based services, medical electronics, robotics and industrial automation, automobile electronics, surveillance and security, entertainment etc.
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering at this institute runs Graduate (BE).
in Electronics & Communication. The institute being affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, the curriculum, examinations and other academics structures of the department are as per defined by the University.
The department is committed to work toward providing quality education through innovative teaching and learning processes, state of the art facilities and conducive academic ambience. The department, through its team of experienced and dedicated, staff is very keenly preparing its batches for the vast field of opportunities through meticulous study of curriculum and other value addition courses.
Some of the best practices followed at the department are
- Student centric teaching and learning process
- Extensive use of educational software and other multimedia tools for efficient teaching and learning.
- Improve skill level of students through various value addition programs along with regular academics.
- Regular assessment for quality assurance.
- Active parent's interaction.
- Run various collaborative programs through Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Industries, R&D centers and other organizations.
- Effective Industry � Institute interaction through seminars, visits and industry defined projects.
- Strengthen team of faculties through continuous education programs and inculcate environment for R&D activities.
The Department provides state-of-the-art laboratory facilities thereby creating opportunities to learn, advance and contribute. The department has following well organized laboratories sufficient not only to cater the needs of the subject but also to work beyond it.
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Electronics Circuits Lab
- Electronics Workshop and Project Lab
- Communication Engg. Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Electronics Measurements & Instruments Lab
- Audio & Video system Lab
- Embedded System Lab
- Microwave & Antenna Lab
- Computer aided design tools Lab
The Department has a very good collection of books in central library and in addition it has its own department library with rich collection of books to be used by students and faculties.
The Department also has an Electronic component store equipped to supply electronic components to students required curricular and hobby projects they undertake.